directcupcakes.co.uk Terms & Condtions
These Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") are the terms and conditions on which United Cakes Ltd ("we/us") make this website (the "directcupcakes.co.uk Site") available to you. These terms and conditions also cover any of our products and services which are accessible on or via the directcupcakes.co.uk website (the "directcupcakes.co.uk Service").
This company is registered in England and Wales, Number 07216549, registered office 1 Ball Green, Manchester, M32 0QT
- Unless otherwise stated, the products and services featured on this website are only available within the United Kingdom, or in relation to postings from the United Kingdom. All advertising is intended solely for the United Kingdom market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
- We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than our manufacturer/supplier(s) and] if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client's with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
- We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
- 1.The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company: excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company's literature; and excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages. This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
- The products shown on this website are available for delivery to a large proportion of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- The images and descriptions shown for each product on the website are intended as guidelines only. Our cake decorators will interpret the design guidelines in their own way, and the results may differer from the images shown.
- In the event that we are unable to supply all or part of your order (the product or any substitute product to you at all), we shall notify you as soon as possible and reimburse your payment in full no later than 30 days after the intended delivery date.
- 1.A preferred delivery date can be specified at the time of ordering, which we will do our best to meet on a 'best endeavours' basis, but cannot guarantee to meet this date. In the event of us being unable to attempt delivery on your requested date, one of our representatives will attempt to contact you to arrange an alternative date.
- To help us with our delivery planning, it is appreciated if you can indicate on during the checkout process if your delivery date is flexible. If so, we are likely to deliver in a window +/- 3 days of your preferred delivery date.
- You acknowledge that the delivery will be made by one of our local cake decorators and not a by a national courier service.
- Please be aware that we will deliver the goods to the address provided in good faith and we cannot accept responsibility if the intended recipient is no longer at that address and the receiver refuses or fails to return the items(s).
- Please note that if our delivery driver is unable to find someone to accept delivery, or unable to leave the delivery in a secure location, they will leave a card at the address for the recipient to make contact and re-arrange delivery. If the recipient fails to make contact in good time we reserve the right to charge for re-delivery to that or an alternative address.
- We may use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
- We do not monitor or review the content of other party's websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed, or material appearing on such websites, are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and therefore we shall not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
- Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company's services and the full content of this website.
- Details of your order will be disclosed to one of our local cake decorators with the sole purpose of providing the information necessary for production and delivery of your order.
- As an online retailer we are governed by the UK Distance Selling Regulations. However, as we are selling perishable goods, the regulations relating to the return of unwanted goods do not directly apply to us. For more information, please go to www.dti.gov.uk
- Orders can be cancelled up until the moment that they have been sent for production. You are advised by email once your order has entered the production phase.
- If you are unsatisfied with any of the items in your order or any part of the delivery service from directcupcakes.co.uk please contact us via the Contact Us page of the website and include your order number. If you would like to make a comment or recommendation regarding our products or service, then please also visit the Contact Us page of the website.
- As we sell perishable goods, we ask that you - the customer - inspect the food once you have opened the box. If you are unhappy with the goods, please contact us immediately via the Contact Us page on the website. We shall be happy to exchange or refund any item we agree does not meet our quality standards, or any item that has been damaged fin transit
- We operate an open and honest policy at directcupcakes.co.uk and will work our hardest to make sure we can accommodate and act on any problems or suggestions.